Next week, I’ll start my 24th year of teaching. My plan or my hope is that after 25 years, I might finally have a book in me. Hence, the title.
It’s been an unusual path to 23 years. Let’s see. . .
- 2 years in a private school in Chicago
- 3 years in an arts magnet public school in Nashville
- 1 year in an academic magnet public high school in Nashville
- 3 years in a private school in London
- 3 years at a public school in Baltimore
- 3 years in a public school in St. Paul
- 5 years in a private school in Minneapolis
- 1 year in a public school in a suburb of Ohio
- and now I’m set to start my 3rd year in a public school in Cleveland
I’ve decided on at least one rule. I am going to try to keep names out of this. I hope to use this blog to reflect and explore – notes for my book that has, as its working title, After 25 Years, I Think I Finally Have Something to Say.